Signs and Symptoms of PCOS in Women
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a condition widely affecting women. It is basically an endocrinological disorder in women that deeply affect the hormones. This issue is mostly found in women aged between 15 to 44 years. PCOS is one of the prime reasons for infertility among women nowadays.Â PCOS can have many negative impacts on a woman’s health and the reason for its occurrence is still unknown.
Nearly 12% of women in their reproductive age suffer from this disorder.Â There is no specific cause or reason is known for this syndrome. It has various symptoms and these likewise vary in each woman depending upon their age and the kind of lifestyle they follow.
Women come to know about their PCOS issues when they are suffering from infertility or irregular periods. PCOS is suggested to be one of the major reasons leading to infertility. There are a spectrum of treatment options for the infertile woman with PCOS ranging from ovulation induction, IUI, laparoscopy ovarian drilling, IVF- ICSI.
PCOS can be diagnosed in different women at different stages and for various reasons.
The PCOS syndrome leads to anovulation due to increased levels of androgen (male hormone) and insulin resistance. A few signs of PCOS are evident from the time a female gets her first period, while some symptoms are misleading and point at some other ailments, while some women only find out about this when they run different tests while facing issues in pregnancy.
Signs and symptoms of PCOS are:
- Disturbed menstrual cycle:Irregularity in the menstrual cycles is one of the prime indications of PCOS. There are many reasons that can lead to irregular periods.
- Heavy periods:Few women have a heavy menstrual period due to prolonged exposure to estrogen with progesterone due to anovulation and hence endometrial hyperplasia.
- Hair growth:Even though women with PCOS don’t show similar symptoms, excess hair growth is seen to be a common symptom in all women. Women with PCOS have great hair growth on their face and neck, sometimes on their back and stomach also.
- Obesity:Women with PCOS gain weight. Almost all women with a PCOS condition are obese or overweight.
- Infertility:Infertility is both, a sign and an impact of PCOS. The primary reason being anovulation.
PCOS is a terrifying condition some women suffer. Skin and hair issues, excessive weight gain, disturbed menstrual cycles are troublesome to a woman. It turns out to be extremely difficult to cope with all of this.
It is always better to get the diagnosis done with the best infertility specialistÂ and prevent the impacts of infertility. There are ways to treat PCOS and lead an ordinary life but the initial step is a diagnosis.
What we have to understand that with effective treatment and care, even a woman suffering PCOS can become pregnant. Therefore, don’t lose hope, just get the correct treatment.
Sunflower Hospital offers the best treatment for the patient suffering from PCOS. Consult the best Gynecologist in AhmedabadÂ for more information. At Sunflower Women’s Hospital, we are committed to providing a high success rate for all advanced fertility treatments like Ovulation Induction, IUI, IVF, ICSI. Contact us on 079-27410080 / 9687607355 to book an appointment.